Make an Impact
Look ahead, you are not expected to complete the
task. Neither are you permitted to lay it down.
- The Talmud
Here are actions you can take in your everyday life to make our world one step closer to a world without domestic violence.
Go to our What is Domestic Violence page and our Resources page to educate
yourself on what domestic violence is all about.
Speak Out/Talk About It
- Contact us to get CVAN business cards to carry with you; share with your church, work place and other community places. Ask them to put in a private space like restrooms. Encourage them to post information about domestic violence.
- Invite us to come and speak to your church, business, school or community group.
- When you see or hear a joke about domestic violence, say you don’t appreciate it. When you see signs of behavior that concerns you, speak up if it is safe.
- Talk with your family, friends and co-workers about the issue and about CVAN.
Be An Example
- Teach children - let our next generation know what healthy relationships look like.
- Examine your own attitudes and behaviors as they relate to power and control in relationships.
- Commit yourself to the cause of domestic violence and let it be known in your circle of family and friends where you stand. Make it acceptable and safe to talk about domestic violence while making it clear that domestic violence is not acceptable.
Click on How to Help a Friend to learn how you can reach out and support someone you know that is an abusive relationship.